Bill Gates gives a speech on 11 things they did not and will not learn in School. He talks about feel-good, politically correct teachings created a generation of kids with no concept of reality and how this concept set them up for failure in the real world. This could quite possibly be why individuals like Steve Jobs dropped out of school and were so successful, I’m jus say’n…
1. Life is not fair – Get use to it!
2. The world won’t care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something.
3. You will not make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won’t be a Vice-President with a car phone until you earn both.
4. If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.
5. Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for the word burger flipping, they called it opportunity.
6. If you mess up it’s not your parents’ fault, so don’t whine about your mistakes learn from them.
7. Before you were born your parents weren’t as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent’s generation, try cleaning the closet in your own room.
8. Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools they have abolished failing grades and they’ll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This doesn’t bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.
9. Life is not divided into semesters. You don’t get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on your own time.
10. Television is not REAL life. In real life people actually have to leave coffee shops and go to real jobs.
11. Be nice to nerds, chances are you’ll end up working for one. Lol, Bill!
There are some questionable RULES here, I mean take Rule 10. for example. With Starbucks and Free WiFi, You can drink coffee all day at work and never leave the office, I mean coffee shop. (one in the same for some.)
what do you think, was Mr. Bill Gates ahead of his time, considering this news article was most likely from some time ago, probably during the “friends” t.v. episode era.. . Share your thoughts and paradox with others by leaving a reply.